“Regarding the implementation of Bacula, deployment went quickly. Once we decided on Bacula as a solution and got the budget approved, it only took about three months to get the hardware and networking in place and the software set up and running” – Andrue Netcher, Technical Supervisor, SportsCentral Engineering at Warner Bros
Easy, Fast Replacement from your legacy solution to Bacula Enterprise
“A key part of our decision to go with Bacula Systems was the possibility to back up our vm hosts, connecting to the storage by fiber. It is really fast, with no scripts needed either. It just works out of the box!” Jonathan Kernan, DevOps System Engineer at Sky
Bacula Enterprise is not only the most secure backup solution against ransomware available, it is also renowned for being easy to introduce to new IT departments. Its combination of modern, reliable software, translation tools and outstanding support team mean a trouble-free deployment of our software in your mission-critical enterprise environment. Just ask our customers!
But why change to Bacula? Well, are you growing tired of your current backup and recovery solution that:
- Has limited and difficult tape library configuration?
- Has quite a few bugs?
- Is hard to get a quick response from support?
- Has many siloed modules?
- Is just too expensive?
- Has some potential security issues that may be putting your organization (and job!) at risk?
- Less than excellent SAP HANA capabilities?
- Has an old user console?
- Has tedious maintenance of multiple servers?
- Needs a centralized operation center with better reporting capabilities?
Are you also tired of your current, out of date solution that:
- Needs faster and agentless VM file level restores?
- Needs an easier upgrade process?
- Needs better status reports?
- Has high costs for M365 backup and recovery?
- Has limited 60tb MSDP per media server?
- Has poor support for the “other” Hypervisors used in the industry?
- Is difficult when adding clients to backup management server?
- Has limited encryption and/or deduplication capabilities?
- Has limited mobile device operation?
- Has dependency on VSS?
- Confusing licensing model?
- Slow data recovery performance?
- Has poor technical support?
Bacula Routinely Replaces Traditional Vendors with Bacula Enterprise: More Secure, More Efficient, More Cost-Reduction.
There can be some big challenges when migrating from legacy backup software. Migration projects are inevitably highly personalized. Get help from experienced experts: contact us to discuss your challenges – we are smart, experienced, understanding, and we know how to define a meaningful way for you to succeed. Bacula’s outstanding support services are very responsive, highly competent, friendly, and use only senior engineers.
- Open Source roots are key. Did you know that escaping vendor lock-in was the main reason Bacula was originally created? Our philosophy means Bacula’s experts come to you with the right mentality and ethos. One of the many elements of migration often concerns escaping vendor lock-in. Contact us now to learn how you can increase the security of your organizations’ IT estate, reduce costs and modernize your data protection strategy.
Speak to our experts to determine some key elements, such as:
- Data volume
- 3rd party applications: what? How many?
- Retention period challenges (and remember – Bacula helps you escape vendor lock-in)
- Bacula offers a terrific, easy to use PoC service. Ask us today!
“When it was time for the migration to Bacula, we wrote the scripts that collected data from the servers we had, we then created the configurations, the job files, and the client files for Bacula. It was an incredibly smooth process” Manager, Systems and Storage at Rackspace
“Bacula Systems not only gave us great, outstanding support during the proof of concept stage right up to the point where we signed up for an annual Subscription, but continued with the same high level of expert support right through the deployment phase – and it still continues today” Thomas Nau, Deputy Director at Communication and Information Center, University of Ulm, Germany
Many companies, such as Zeta Global, first conduct a PoC. “We were very impressed at the ease of use, scalability, and the effectiveness and responsiveness of the Bacula support team” Zeta Global’s Team Lead – SysEng Operations & Storage
“Bacula is really straightforward to roll out” Ed Evans, Computer Systems Manager, Texas A&M University Department of Biochemistry
- Interested in database backup? Bacula Enterprise works perfectly with Oracle DB backup, SAP Hana backup, PostgreSQL DB backup and other databases.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose. Find out about our backup training courses.