National research agencies and laboratories are broadly working to modernize their IT infrastructure to meet the quickly arriving needs of tomorrow. New and different approaches to security, efficiency and performance are needed to achieve these improvements. Bacula offers especially high levels of security when compared to other vendors. All research laboratories with mission-critical data should consider moving its backup and recovery software to Bacula, and its security levels.
Bacula anticipates that technology and innovation improvements in the research and laboratory ITC space will increase, especially in specific areas such as edge compute, container technologies and security approaches.
- Top 10 Whitepaper Highlights
- IT environment complexity in the research sector
- Technical & demanding IT environments
- Meeting RPO’s and RTO’s
- The need for especially high levels of security
- Bare metal recovery
- The need to de-risk implementation
- Hybrid cloud in the research sector
- Stand-alone capabilities and “air-gapping”
- Container technologies in the research sector
- How NASA benefits from Bacula
- Avoiding vendor lock-in