Bacula Systems offers both live, online training, which takes place over 5 half days (to allow participants to keep up with their work), as well as physical training classes, which span three days. Both types of trainings are extremely high quality, have a maximum class size of eight, and are given by senior Bacula Systems experts. Scroll further down this page to see the Admin I training dates.
Bacula Administrator I Training Course
This high-quality training course is held at our headquarters located in Switzerland, in San Antonio (Texas, USA) or in Lyndhurst (New Jersey, USA), under the personal guidance of Kern Sibbald, CTO of Bacula Systems and leader of the Bacula Project. After completing the course, you will become Bacula Certified and be able to perform the following tasks:
- Build, install and configure Bacula on your own system
- Design and run a backup scheme
- Configure backup jobs for disks and auto-changers
- Diagnose and debug problems
- Learn to monitor day-to-day operations
- Set up and perform restore operations
To participate in this course, you are expected to have:
- A reasonably strong knowledge of Linux
- Systems administration skills
For non-online, physical training:
For Switzerland, courses are held at the Bacula Systems headquarters: Avenue des Sciences 11, CH-1400 Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland T: +41 21 641 6080 F: +41 21 641 6081.
For the US New Jersey training session, the course will be held at the Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands 1 Polito Ave, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071 USA.
For other training locations such as France, Belgium and Australia, please check with us for the specific address.
* Valid for all existing Bacula Systems subscriptions and new ones purchased within a period of six months after the training session. BWeb Management Suite will remain free of charge during the time of the subscription, including renewals. Training invoiced at time of order and must be taken within 6 months. Value: € 2970/US$ 4455 per year.