The Best Enterprise Backup Solutions. Enterprise Backup Software.
IT environments continue to be increasingly complex. All changes in an IT environment, in general, generate new challenges for companies to overcome in an attempt to protect, archive, backup or recover their data. Some examples of newer challenges are presented below:
- Improving performance and compliance results. Compliance demands are steadily getting more and more strict on various backup-related metrics, demanding more performance and higher response time from the companies involved. The same goes for backup windows in general, since making those smaller means smaller revenue losses, among other things.
- Cost-saving efforts. No matter how fast the industry grows, or how ambitious the newer technologies are to implement – IT professionals are always faced with a plethora of requests to do more at the same cost, or even lower.
- Dealing with more and more data to protect. The amount of data circulating inside a company seems to grow exponentially on a continual basis and newer technologies, such as the Internet of Things, AI or Big Data, are further increasing this amount – therefore adding to the volume of data that an organization needs to back up.
- Using fragmented solutions. It’s not uncommon for organizations to have multiple backup solutions implemented, either as a result of mergers and acquisitions or via organic growth. This is a massive problem for a lot of IT departments in their attempts to make backup operations simple and transparent.
- Operating in sophisticated environments. It is not uncommon for backup solutions nowadays to have to protect data in various placements or situations, be it on-premise or in some sort of cloud (public, private, or hybrid).
Bacula Enterprise Edition is the best enterprise backup solution for Linux, Windows and Mac-based datacenters. What sets its enterprise backup solutions apart from other enterprise backup software tools is its especially broad feature set, combined with its great scalability and ease of customization. This means that demanding MSP’s and enterprises with large data centers get a backup solution that exactly fits requirements, and covers their entire base – while simultaneously cutting costs by up to ten times. The secret behind this huge cost reduction with Bacula’s backup software is that there is no charge by data volume, nor by the use of storage devices, such as tape drives or autochangers.
Bacula Enterprise’s remarkable flexibility means it is equally effective in both physical and virtual environments, can be implemented as the part of enterprise cloud-based backup solutions for MSPs and also supports container environments backup: Docker and Kubernetes. It offers a specialized backup solution for industry-leading speed and performance. Below are listed just a sample of Bacula’s technologies to meet user’s needs; you can take advantage of their complete modularity to mix-and-match as you please:
- Enterprise Backup Solutions for Windows Server. With the use of Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) consistent backups of the data are obtained, using Microsoft tools, which facilitate recovery activities. Enterprise desktop backup for Windows includes convenient backup scheduling, different backup levels and other useful tools.
- Enterprise Backup Solutions and Tools for Linux Server. The Bacula data backup software that manages all the resources of the application runs on a Linux server. Thus reduces the licensing costs as well as the different tools for administration and management, such as command, graphic and web consoles.
- Enterprise-level Database Backup Solutions. Allows the backup and recovery of all mainstream databases, such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SAP HANA and more. Our backup solution uses natively integrated tools that execute these operations with high efficiency, often completely avoiding service interruption. It also allows interaction with the tools of the database managers to generate the backups, through the configuration and tasks and scripts developed according to specific requirements.
- Enterprise Virtual Machine Backup Solutions. Virtualized environments incl. VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, Proxmox, Xen, Nutanix, Azure VM and RHV need a backup and recovery solution that caters for guest instances as well as the host for the virtualization environment, in an agile and efficient way – yet without affecting the operability and functionality of the virtual environment. The use of snapshots technology which is supported by our enterprise backup solutions is fundamental in virtual environments.
- Progressive Virtual Full. The use of this technology incorporated into Bacula Enterprise Edition saves time and space in local storage, and leverages advanced techniques in administration of indexes. This typically results in significant savings of both time and space, usually extremely important in the management of data backup in companies.
- Silent Data Corruption Detection. To detect if an error has occurred in the process of copying data during a backup or restoration operation, a verification of the transferred data can be quickly carried out, in order to check data integrity and reliability. This verification is done at the file level, without being limited to the backup data volumes.
- Docker, Kubernetes and certified Openshift container backup solutions. Bacula Enterprise is among the first enterprise backup solutions to offer advanced and fully automated backup of Docker and Kubernetes environments, including their persistent data. Bacula Enterprise makes the usage of Docker and Kubernetes more reliable and convenient in supporting the workloads of both IT and DevOps that use Docker, Kubernetes, SUSE, Caas or Openshift.
- Enterprise Microsoft 365 Backup. Bacula Systems’ backup and recovery module for Microsoft 365 is available with a unique pricing model that makes a significant difference to all MSPs and large enterprises. Its module for Microsoft 365 includes advanced granular backup and recovery capabilities for OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OneNote and Calendar.
- Continuous Data Protection for Enterprises. Bacula’s CDP does not require regular snapshots of the entire system. It saves only the bits of data that have changed, which results in seamless backups that are not taxing on resources and have no significant impact on the system’s operational workload which is critical for enterprise-grade IT environments.
- Enterprise Tape Backup Solutions. As an enterprise backup solution, Bacula Enterprise interacts with tape drives from different vendors and with diverse storage technologies, such as LTO, retaining compatibility with older hardware and taking advantage of the latest, without additional cost surcharges.
- Enterprise-level File and Folder Backup. These data backup solutions support the directories and files of the different clients configured into the chosen backup schedule of an organization, with specific or common criteria assigned to them. Bacula as a best backup solution has the functionality to support files and open objects which are being used by users, guaranteeing complete and consistent copies. This technology fits especially for enterprise desktop backup solutions.
- Enterprise Server Backup Solutions. As a backup solution, Bacula is composed of well-defined elements for execution and management of backups which interact in a collaborative manner. Each element performs its functions under the administration and control of a main process.
- Enterprise Backup Software Automation. Bacula’s stability and reliability is what makes any automation task that much easier to work with. Bacula Enterprise’s internal scheduler is always up to the task, and even gives the option to use an external one as well, the choice is yours.
- Enterprise Active Directory Backup. Bacula Enterprise’s ability to backup AD is essential, because this is a directory that stores various configurations of applications and computers in your system, as well as other essential information that serves as a guarantee of your business continuity.
- Enterprise-level Data Security. Bacula offers one of the highest levels of safety and security in the industry. This is partly because its architecture, which is hardened against ransomware,stores the original file system information off of the protected system, making it much harder to become compromised than other solutions. Furthermore, Bacula allows system wide analysis and trending that can detect events carefully cloaked and / or slowly extending system compromises. Ransomware protection, detection and reporting is an essential part of Bacula Enterprise Backup solution, offering multiple layers of protection against malicious attacks, such as silent data corruption detection, data encryption with the highest security standard, FIPS 140-2 compliance, and more.
- Enterprise Incremental & Differential Backup Solutions. The configuration and definition of several levels for the execution of the backups. This is designed to reduce the execution times of the backup, as well as facilitating related administration tasks. Additionally, the use of such data backup solutions also facilitates classification and organization of the information and the backup volumes that contain the data. Bacula enterprise backup solutions support full, incremental, differential and synthetic backups.
- Enterprise-level Storage (NAS&SAN) Backup Solutions. All good enterprise backup solutions should be able to send the volumes of data to different destinations, either locally or remotely, either to discs or tapes. Network disk storage devices (SAN, NAS) are most commonly used in companies today, and Bacula readily adapts and integrates especially well to them.
- Cloud Backup Solutions for Enterprise. The use of computing resources in the cloud has increased significantly in organizations due to various causes such as high availability, cost management and security. Bacula Enterprise, as one of the best cloud backup solutions, can be configured to make use of these resources in an optimal way, making use of tools or configurations combined and adapted to the operating environment. Cloud-based backup solutions from Bacula Systems work with Amazon S3, Azure, Oracle, Google and others.
- Global Endpoint Deduplication™ for Enterprises. The Global Endpoint Deduplication™ technology is built into Bacula Enterprise and is an advanced enterprise endpoint backup technology that gives you the choice to apply it either to the client side thereby saving network and storage resources, or at the storage level depending on how you want to manage your data.
- Enterprise Bare Metal Recovery. Bacula’s bare metal backup software is available for Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2008R2, 2003, up to the latest Windows Server 2019 – and for most flavors of Linux like Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Mint, Red Hat and SUSE. Its broad OS compatibility allows enterprises to protect all their complicated infrastructures.
Bacula Enterprise as the best backup solution gives you a direct, effective answer each time. This enterprise backup software is one of the most comprehensive, flexible and customizable enterprise backup solutions in the world. Just ask its users!
You can get more information about our best enterprise backup solutions either by reading product documentation, watching demo videos, or by installing and using Bacula Enterprise trial version which gives you understanding of the basic functionality.
If you have specific enterprise-class backup and restore needs, Bacula Systems recommends that you request an assessment of your backup and restore infrastructure. Our experts will get in touch with you and draft the best data backup solutions for your disaster backup and recovery plan according to our enterprise data backup best practices.