Backup your database securely and easily with Bacula Enterprise Edition.
Backing up a database correctly is crucial in an IT infrastructure- and meeting Policy needs is often critical. With its Database Management System (DBMS) plugins, Bacula Systems brings industry-leading technology that sets the standard for Enterprise-grade database backup software far beyond its competitors. Bacula Enterprise Edition enables all businesses to take advantage of its especially powerful database backup solution. System Administrators looking for a robust, high end enterprise class database backup software should start here. And where ease and speed is required, this database backup tool also provides the answer for those System Administrators working to tight deadlines.
No speciﬁc knowledge is required while taking care of data and metadata, such as users, rights, roles, etc. At the same time, comprehensive and advanced customization options are immediately available to the user, providing the needed ﬂexibility for the most demanding professional environments.
Bacula Systems oﬀers many different backup tools so that you can backup your databases exactly the way you need to. Below are just a few examples of these technologies.
PostgreSQL database backup
The PostgreSQL plugin is designed to simplify the database backup procedures of your PostgreSQL cluster(s); the backup administrator does not need to know the internals of PostgreSQL backup techniques or write complex scripts.
The plugin automatically takes care of backing up essential information such as conﬁguration, user definitions and table spaces.
The PostgreSQL plugin supports both “Dump” and Point In Time Recovery (PITR) backup techniques. Using Bacula Systems’ unique Late Data Inclusion (LDI) technology, this plugin eﬀectively captures data up to the point of ﬁnishing the backup, therefore minimizing the risk of data loss. This is an industry-leading advantage over other vendors’ solutions.
MySQL database backup
The MySQL plugin is designed to simplify the backup of your MySQL server(s); the backup administrator does not need to know the internals of MySQL backup techniques or how to write complex scripts. The plugin is highly conﬁgurable and will automatically back up essential information such as conﬁguration and user definitions. The MySQL plugin supports both “Dump” and “Binary” backup techniques.
The power to choose. The Bacula Systems MySQL plugin enables the administrator to choose between Dump or Binary for faster and larger backups. The MySQL plugin takes care of the MySQL log ﬁles when using the Point In Time Recovery (PITR) feature.
Advanced Backup for MS SQL databases
The Bacula Enterprise plugin for MS SQL Server is an advanced solution to back up one or multiple MS SQL databases with industry leading features:
- Full backup which saves the databases ﬁles and the transaction log ﬁles to provide a complete solution against media failure
- Diﬀerential backups to captures only the data that has changed since the last Full. Bacula Enterprise Plugin for MS SQL
- Server includes integrated feature to upgrade a Diﬀerential backup into a Full if required
- Incremental backups via the Transaction Log backup. When conﬁgured with the appropriate model, this method enable a “Point In Time Recovery” mode
- Master Database backup for MS SQL conﬁguration backup.
The Bacula Enterprise Plugin for MS SQL Server is able to restore data in several ways including “Point In Time Recovery” mode. The restore process then allows the following scenarios:
- Restore ﬁles to disk
- Restore original database
- Restore with a new database name
- Restore with a new name and ﬁle relocation
Oracle Database backup
The Oracle plugin is designed to simplify the backup procedures of your Oracle database instance(s). Oracle Database Administrators can take advantage of the option to use RMAN commands in order to make backing up Oracle databases even easier and more convenient.
Besides ease and speed, the Oracle Plugin provides important features including restoring your database(s) to any point in time or being able to ﬁlter objects during backup or restore; all of them being available using two different backup techniques: “Dump” and Point In Time Recovery (PITR) through its tight integration with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Looking for server backup? Take a look at out server backup software.
- Does Bacula support your storage type? Take a look at out storage backup solution.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive backup and recovery management software for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Doing backup to tape media? Take a look at our tape backup systems.