Businesses around the world are undertaking transformational journeys to become smarter. Regardless of industry, IT has moved to the strategic center of business. With the increasing importance of IT, organizations need ways to move beyond today’s inefficient approaches to computing so that they can deploy new and innovative capabilities faster.
This is a new class of systems—one that combines the flexibility of general purpose systems, the elasticity of cloud and the simplicity of an appliance with integrated expertise. Expert integrated systems fundamentally change the experience and economics of IT with built-in expertise, integration by design, and a simplified experience
With PureSystems, IBM introduces a new class of systems: systems with integrated expertise that combine the flexibility of general purpose system, the elasticity of cloud and the simplicity of an appliance.
Included in IBM PureApplication System, Bacula Enterprise Application-as-a-Service Virtual Appliance:
- is based on Bacula Enterprise Edition 8, the most popular Open Core enterprise network backup and restore software
- is shipped with high-end plugins such as VMware, Delta, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, NDMP and more
- offers 10x lower total cost of ownership compared to proprietary backup and data recovery software offerings
- has higher reliability and proven performance in mission-critical enterprise environments
The net benefits for enterprise, data centers and managed service providers are:
- 10x reduced total cost of ownership
- higher reliability under severe data and network load
- extreme agility to safeguard today’s rapidly evolving enterprise architectures
“Bacula Enterprise Virtual Appliance helps customers deploy Bacula Enterprise in new and heterogeneous environments in reduced time with less manual effort so they can realize the benefits of enterprise-level backup restore and data recovery for their mission critical environments.”
— Frank Barker, CEO, Bacula Systems
To find more about IBM PureSystems and Bacula Enterprise, check out the Solutions catalog.
To find more about Bacula Enterprise Virtual Appliance, please contact us.