Hyper V virtual machine backup solution that has never been faster or easier.
Backup Hyper V VM in seconds. Restore easily.
This Hyper V backup solution uses Full level Hyper-V VM backups using the VSS API. When used of the Global Endpoint Deduplication plugin and the ‘bothsides” FileSet option, the amount of data transfer and storage use is minimized, often to a great extent. Bacula Enterprise Edition also makes incremental backup of the host computer.
Hyper-V Backup Software Key Benefits
- Full image level backups of virtual machines on Hyper-V servers
- Restores complete virtual machine image
- Restores disk images
- VSS-based snapshots for quiescing VSS-based applications
Even greater speed, disk and time savings to backup Hyper V with Global Endpoint Deduplication
Great gains and savings are nearly always possible using Global Endpoint Deduplication and a variety of additional specialist features including Hyper V incremental backup. Global Endpoint Deduplication is an especially advanced deduplication engine that assesses data at the block level, then writes only new blocks and references Bacula volumes to blocks recorded in Bacula’s Deduplication engine which makes your Hyper V VM backup run faster. As well as saving storage extremely effectively, network bandwidth usage sees a great benefit, achieved by only sending unknown blocks to the Storage Daemon from the File Daemonwhile backing up Hyper V VMs.
Bacula Enterprise works with the most frequent hypervisor/OS versions. Users can backup Hyper V 2012 R2 and Hyper V 2008 R2.
Hyper-V Version/OS VM Versions Supported
Windows Server 2008 1.0
Windows Server 2008 SP1 2.0
Windows Server 2008 R2 3.0
Windows Server 2012 4.0
- Need to see all our backup and recovery tools? See the full range here.
- Interested in cloud backup? Take a look at our backup for cloud providers and MSPs.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose. Find out about our training courses here.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive GUI management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Interested in backup of virtual machines? Bacula Enterprise works perfectly with VMware backup, Citrix XenServer and other hypervisors.