Bacula Enterprise Edition: For All Kinds of Storage Systems.
Bacula Enterprise Edition works well with all kinds of storage systems. The simple reason for this is that as long as the file system can be mounted as a block device by the Storage Daemon’s operating system, Bacula will be able to read from and write to it.
However, it is not only the backup target that is important. In a lot of cases, you have big storage appliances or JBODs that your clients/server write to.
Bacula Enterprise Edition excels in doing the backup for these types of storage. You can either install an FD on the controlling server, or connect an external FD (if multitenancy is possible), or you can open a share (NFS, CIFS) that Bacula Enterprise Edition can then access. This way, your storage backup is created and delivered safely and efficiently to a remote location.
Another way of doing storage backup is with Bacula System’s NDMP plugin that will support all devices that are able to communicate with this protocol. Be aware that the NDMP implementation differs from vendor to vendor, which is why Bacula does not look into the data stream itself but simply provides the means to initiate the backup of your storage appliance. It also takes care to restore the data in the correct manner, although the final interpretation of those storage blocks needs to be done by the filer.
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities? See the full enterprise feature list.
- Interested in the cloud backup? Take a look at our backup for cloud providers and MSPs.
- Backup training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.
- Want to see our full range of backup and recovery tools? Bacula Enterprise works for both database backup and file and folder backup.
- Interested in backup of virtual machines? Bacula Enterprise works perfectly with VMware backup, backup of Hyper V, Citrix XenServer and other hypervisors.