The MySQL database backup plugin in Bacula Enterprise Edition is designed to both simplify and accelerate the backup and restore of your MySQL databases. Designed to save your valuable time, the backup administrator does not need to know the internals of MySQL DB backup techniques or programming to write complex scripts. This MySQL backup plugin will automatically backup essential information such as configuration or user definitions. Putting speed and accurate data recovery into the hands of the user, this MySQL DB backup plugin supports both Dump and binary backup of MySQL database and data recovery techniques.
The Point In Time Recovery feature is available for both Dump and Binary. The MySQL backup plugin also backs up vital meta-data information and manages Object filtering during MySQL database backup and restore. No MySQL skills is required and it allows script free Backup & Restore.
This plugin is available on Linux 32 and 64 bits platforms and supports MySQL backup database 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 5.0.x, 5.5.x, 5.6.x.
• Point In Time Recovery feature for both Dump and Binary
• Also backs up vital metadata information
• Object filtering during backup and restore
• Allows Dump and Binary mode combination
• Backup MySQL with no special skills required
• Script-free backup of MySQL database
The Bacula Systems MySQL DB backup plugin allows the administrator to choose between Dump (slower and smaller backups) or Binary (faster and larger backups). The MySQL plugin takes care of the MySQL log files when using the Point In Time Recovery (PITR) feature.
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities? See the enterprise feature list.
- Intrested in backup capabilities for Windows-based systems? Take a look at our Exchange backup and Windows server backup software.
- Using other DBs in your infrastructure? Bacula Enterprise has solutions for Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL and SAP databases.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive backup and restore management tool for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Backup training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.