Installation on VMware
Import the OVA file into your virtual environment making choices that suit your environment such as the VM Name, the network to connect to etc. You can generally accept the defaults and import, as settings can be modified later.
- Select “Create/Register VM” under the host menu.
- Select “Deploy a virtual machine from an OVF or OVA file”
- Navigate to and select the Bacula Enterprise Trial OVA.
- Choose the datastore where you would like to deploy the image.
- Make final network and storage choices. The network that the VM is attached to must be one with a functioning DHCP server and DNS Server. In order to run the trial scenarios, the attached network must allow connections to the Bacula Enterprise Trial machine to facilitate adding additional backup clients.
- Deploy the trial.
- Start the Bacula Enterprise Trial machine once deployment completes.
- Once the VM is running, you should be presented with a Linux console login screen showing the URL to connect to with your web browser to begin testing the trial.
- The URL will bring you to a landing page with the following four options to choose from:
- Open Bacula Enterprise Trial Guide: This option will open the online trial guide (this page you are on now) in a new browser tab.
- Manage Bacula Enterprise Trial with ‘Bweb Management Suite’: This option will open BWeb in a new browser tab.
- Contact Bacula Systems Support: This option will open a new email in your deafult email client with some fields already filled in. Sending this email will open a new ticket with the Bacula Systems’ Support team.
- Reset the Bacula Enterprise Trial environment back to defaults.
- From the landing page, click on “Manage Bacula Enterprise Trial with ‘BWeb Management Suite’” to open BWeb and move on to Scenario 1. The username and password for BWeb are both ‘admin’ by default, and you will likely have to approve your trial appliance self-signed certificate in your browser.