Thank you for assessing this special Bacula Enterprise Trial version. Bacula Enterprise is the leading Enterprise Open Core network backup and restore software, and is world-renowned for being especially flexible, scalable, and reliable, with an industry-leading range of features. The purpose of this trial is to provide you with the best possible experience as you evaluate our Enterprise products.
The Trial is intended to be used as a proof of concept. It allows the testing of all Bacula Enterprise Trial products and installation of the Bacula Enterprise Trial clients on a limited number of platforms.
The trial is provided as an OVA file, which may be quickly and easily imported into your Virtual Box or VMware environment in just a minute or so. The resulting virtual machine is intended to be administered using BWeb Management Suite and the text-based bconsole command-line tool.
We will kindly ask you to download the Trial OVA file and then import it into your virtual environment. To begin to get the feel of Bacula Enterprise, you can simply follow the scenarios as described later in this guide. These scenarios are designed to demonstrate the basic functionality of Bacula Trial Edition. If you have any questions, or difficulties in completing these scenarios, please contact us. Many of the written scenarios are accompanied by video tutorials, should you wish to view these. You can also check Bacula Enterprise’s numerous features and configuration possibilities in the general Bacula Main Manual included in the trial by clicking “Help => Documentation” from the main menu in BWeb.
Please note that the production version of Bacula Enterprise has an especially wide range of features and capabilities compared to most other backup and recovery software and this trial version. For example, it offers the world’s largest choice of native integration plugins for different virtual environments and different databases. Similarly, Bacula Enterprise has specific plugins for a wide range of Cloud gateways.
However, for speed and simplicity, this trial version comes with a reduced number of plugins, namely:
- Introducing Bacula Enterprise
- Minimal Requirements
- Using Bacula Enterprise Trial Edition
- Scenario 1: Backing Up “All” Files on the Trial Linux VM using BWeb Management Suite
- Scenario 2: Restoring Files from the Previous Backup using BWeb Management Suite
- Scenario 3: Backing Up “All” Files on the Trial VM using bconsole
- Scenario 4: Restoring Files from the Previous Backup Job using bconsole
- Scenario 5: Backup a Windows Client using BWeb Management Suite
- Scenario 6: Backup a Windows Client with the Global End Point Deduplication Plugin
- Scenario 7: Backup using the Cloud Plugin
- Completing Your Trial