Introducing Bacula Enterprise
Let's have a look at the main components of Bacula Enterprise Edition and how the data and commands flow between them.
Bacula Enterprise Edition is composed of five main components:
- The Director which supervises all the backup, restore, verify and archive operations.
- The Storage Deamon is the software that performs the storage of the file attributes and data to the physical backup media.
- The File Daemon or Client is installed on each machine to be backed up.
- The Catalog is responsible for maintaining the file indexes for all files backed up.
- The Consoles allow the user to interact with the Director. It is available in two versions:
- A text-based console interface, called bconsole.
- A web interface, called BWeb Management Suite.
For more detailed information, please refer to our main manual.
With the Bacula Enterprise Trial , you will also find three documents related to specific features:
- The Global EndPoint Deduplication plugin: to help you test the Bacula Enterprise deduplication feature for both the Storage Deamon and the File Daemon (the agent), download the technical datasheet here.
- The VSS plugin: for instructions on how to take a snapshot of your Windows system state, download the technical White Paper here.
- Cloud Connectivity: an overview into architecture and gateways.