Introducing Bacula Enterprise
Let's have a look at the main components of Bacula Enterprise Edition and how the data and commands flow between them.
Bacula Enterprise Edition is composed of five main components:
- The Director which supervises all the backup, restore, verify and archive operations.
- The Storage Deamon is the software that performs the storage of the file attributes and data to the physical backup media.
- The File Daemon or Client is installed on each machine to be backed up.
- The Catalog is responsible for maintaining the file indexes for all files backed up.
- The Consoles allow the user to interact with the Director. It is available in two versions:
- A text-based console interface, called bconsole.
- A web interface, called BWeb Management Suite.
For more detailed information, please refer to our main manual.
With the Bacula Enterprise Trial , you will also find three White Papers related to specific features:
- The Global EndPoint Deduplication plugin, to help you test the Bacula Enterprise Edition deduplication feature for both the Storage Deamon and the File Daemon (the agent). Download the technical White Paper here.
- The VSS plugin, giving you instructions on how to take a snapshot of your Windows system state. Download the technical White Paper here.