Best server backup software made easy. Well suited for big server environments. Backup 1000’s of servers with Bacula.
Traditionally, Bacula Enterprise server backup software scales very well for big server infrastructures in one or more data centers. Bacula’s ability to handle a large number of backup servers, backup jobs, storage daemons, volumes/pools on disks and tape media makes it the perfect candidate for your server backup software.
The best server backup software from Bacula can (but does not need to) be separated:
- Storage Daemon(s),
- File Daemon(s),
As a result, Bacula is the best enterprise server backup software which especially flexible, modular and customizable. If your number of servers increases, you can simply add more File Daemon(s) and jobs, or add more Storage Daemons to handle the load. The same happens when you connect a second (or third, fourth …) data center or want to do disaster recovery scenarios with Bacula. Your server backup will run within your data centers or across multiple sites via copy and migration jobs to the remote SDs.
Not only is file-based backup on your servers supported, but also the applications served by the system are managed properly by our backup server solutions.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership – with Bacula’s best server backup software, you can eradicate high license fees and license-based maintenance costs. Try out Bacula Enterprise backup and calculate your backup system costs with a ZERO license fee, and see why our customers, including MSPs such as Tricore Solutions, made the move and changed their enterprise backup strategy. Bacula Systems does not charge by data volume, which means the opportunity to avoid vendor lock-in and instead be free to scale up is now in the users’ hands.
Bacula Enterprise Best Server Backup Software Key Features
- Bacula’s architecture is designed for medium and large enterprises, and is compatible with all endpoint types: desktops, virtual and physical machines
- It is an especially stable, reliable and is a certified enterprise backup software
- Bacula is easy to set up and highly scalable to many 1,000’s of enterprise servers
- A highly advanced universal data backup deduplication software, used in combination with your storage vendor (primary data storage) or completely independently
- Support of most Linux modern distributions (RHEL, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu), Windows, MacOS X, AIX or Solaris
- Configurable for high availability in a clustered enterprise-level environment
- Allows enterprise data backup (and recovery) to all storage destinations such as disk, tape, robotic media libraries and cloud
- Enterprise data backup management features for cloud backup, carefully managing and restoring cloud data at vastly reduced costs compared to other vendors
- Enterprise levels of security built into every layer of data backup software (customer case study about security)
- An especially wide range of interoperability with enterprise-level SQL databases. Advanced modules currently exist for MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, SAP, SAP HANA and SQLite
- Deployment has a very low cost, bringing advanced capabilities into a very wide range of virtualized environments
- Ideal data backup software for managed service providers, hosting providers, data centers and in public or private clouds (Bacula for the Cloud) and offers Client Initiated Backup
Bacula’s best server backup software offers support for the major databases incl. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, Exchange backup support, LDAP/Active Directory backup support, covering server backup to the full extent. The broad hypervisor support enables users to backup VMware, Hyper V, KVM and XenServer easily using Bacula Enterprise making virtual server backup easier. Proxmox is also supported.
Further help on the best server backup software:
- Need file and folder backup? Take a look at our file backup software solution.
- Interested in VM backup? Bacula Enterprise works perfectly with backup of VMware, Hyper V backup, Citrix XenServer backup and other hypervisors.
- Looking for tape backup? Take a look at out tape backup solution.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose. Find out about our backup training courses.