Bare Metal Backup, Restore and Recovery for Windows and Linux
Bare Metal Recovery is one of the many capabilities Bacula Systems offers to make sure you never lose your data. The Bacula Systems Bare Metal Recovery feature is available for both Linux and Windows, and enables your systems teams to perform safe, reliable disaster recovery using Bacula Enterprise Edition. With Bare Metal Recovery you get your critical systems up and running quickly and safely in no time.
The BMR plugin is available for Windows Server 2003(R2) and 2008(R2) and for most flavors of Linux. An exhaustive documentation covering best practices for bare metal recovery is also available in the package.
- Back up operating systems and data without interruption or down time
- Get critical systems up and running within minutes
- Rebuild or restore the backed up system to an entirely separate piece of hardware
- Create an ISO to boot from (CD, etc, or stored image)
- Graphical User Interface – with flexible options for various procedures
- Ability to clone machines
- Physical to virtual or virtual to physical restore
The Bare Metal Recovery plugin is available for an additional cost and is fully supported via the Bacula Systems Subscription (Subscription also includes Bacula Enterprise Edition). Whether you are already benefiting from Bacula Enterprise Edition today, or considering switching to Bacula Enterprise Edition, contact us for further details on how we can help you implement low cost disaster recovery in your data center.