The Incremental Accelerator for NetApp plugin is designed to simplify the backup and restore procedure of your NetApp NAS, hosting a huge number of files.
When using the plugin, Bacula Enterprise will query the NetApp device to get the list of all files modified since the last backup instead of having to walk through the entire filesystem. Once Bacula has the list of all files to back up, it will use a standard network share (such as NFS or CIFS) to access files. In order to compute the file list modified since the last backup, Bacula needs to store few snapshots on the NetApp device. The Incremental Accelerator for NetApp Plugin will manage the snapshot list to minimize resource usage.
- The main benefit of using the Incremental Accelerator for NetApp plugin is a vastly improved performance in determining what files must be backed up by getting the list of all files modified since the last backup from the OS instead of having to walk through the entire filesystem. This technique applies to differential and incremental backups.
- Allows convenient single file restore
This plugin is available on RHEL 5 and 6 (32/64 bits), SUSE 11 (64 bits) and supports NetApp 7.3.6, 8.0 and 8.1.
Incremental Accelerator for NetApp overview
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities? See the full feature list.
- Want to see our full range of plugins? Take a look also at our storage backup solution.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive GUI management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.