The best Hyper V backup software solution — backup Hyper V VM in seconds.
Professional IT environments using Hyper V need to have the Hyper V backup software being able to manage Hyper V-based data in complete convenience and reliability. Bacula’s Hyper V backup solution delivers Full level Hyper-V VM backups using the VSS API. It is highly scalable, flexible and made for the most demanding enterprise environments. When used with Bacula Enterprise Editions’ Global Endpoint Deduplication technology and the ‘bothsides” FileSet option, the amount of data transfer and storage use is minimized, often to a great extent. Bacula Enterprise Edition also makes incremental backup of the host computer.
Hyper V Backup Software Key Benefits
- Full image level backups of virtual machines on Hyper-V servers
- Restores complete virtual machine image
- Restores disk images
- VSS-based snapshots for quiescing VSS-based applications
- backup includes the Hyper-V server data
Even greater speed, disk and time savings of our Hyper V backup solution with Global Endpoint Deduplication
Great gains and savings are nearly always possible using Global Endpoint Deduplication and a variety of additional specialist features including Hyper V incremental backup. Global Endpoint Deduplication is an especially advanced deduplication engine that assesses data at the block level, then writes only new blocks and references Bacula volumes to blocks recorded in Bacula’s Deduplication engine which makes your Hyper V VM backup run faster. As well as saving storage extremely effectively, network bandwidth usage benefits greatly, achieved by only sending unknown blocks to the Storage Daemon from the File Daemon while backing up Hyper V VMs.
Restore Reliability of our Hyper V backup solution
Bacula Enterprise Editions architecture brings maximum reliability to the entire process of restoring Hyper V machines and their data. For example, restoring the VMs is done entirely by the host operating system; the VSS writers in the child VMs are not involved.
At restore, the network configuration is also updated. If the virtual switches that the VM was connected to when it was backed up still exist, new ports are created and connected to the VM. With Bacula Enterprise Edition, it is also possible to restore VSS files directly on disk without using the VSS restore framework. This is done by configuring the Plugin Options in the restore menu.
Get your Hyper V machines backed up with a best practice, enterprise grade solution. Contact Bacula Systems today and ask to speak to a senior technical expert about your needs.
Supported Versions of our Hyper V backup software:
Bacula Enterprise works with the most frequent hypervisor/OS versions. Our Hyper V backup solution works with 2012 R2 and 2008 R2.
Hyper-V Version/OS VM Versions Supported
Windows Server 2008 1.0
Windows Server 2008 SP1 2.0
Windows Server 2008 R2 3.0
Windows Server 2012 4.0
- Need to see all our backup and recovery tools? See the full range here.
- Interested in cloud backup? Take a look at our backup for cloud providers and MSPs.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose. Find out about our training courses here.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive GUI management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Interested in backup of virtual machines? Bacula Enterprise works perfectly with VMware backup, Citrix XenServer and other hypervisors.