Perform fast and convenient SQL Server database backup and restore via MS SQL Server Backup Tool. SQL Server backup software and best practices from Bacula Systems.
Among its vast range of features, Bacula Enterprise Edition also backs up your Windows data with an impressive combination of ease and functionality.
This includes the ability to perform fast and convenient backup using our MS SQL backup tool. Now you can precisely backup very large amounts of specific Windows-based data in your SQL Server at a fraction of competitors’ costs – and achieve Point In Time SQL Server restore.
More Options – More Sophisticated SQL Backup Software
Bacula Systems’ SQL Server backup software delivers exceptional performance via a modern highly reliable architecture and offers you the following SQL Server backup tool capabilities:
- SQL Server backup full
- SQL Server backup incremental
- SQL Server backup differential
- Database level SQL backup
- Point in time recovery restore (PITR)
- Ability to include/exclude databases from the backup job
- Support for “Copy Only” SQL backups
- Restore MSSQL backup files to disk
- Send SQL backup stream directly to the Storage Daemon
- Checksum plugin command and restore option to ask the SQL Server to verify the checksum of the data during the backup or the restore.
SQL backup tool — independent of the VSS engine
The MSSQL server backup tool does not use VSS snapshots to perform the backup, so it is possible to specify “Enable VSS = no” in the Bacula FileSet. This MSSQL server backup solution achieves advanced backup and restore capabilities via the Microsoft API for SQL Server. Therefore we also support the security mechanisms and authentication types that come with Microsoft SQL Server.
How to backup a SQL database: Transaction Log Backup and PITR
Bacula Enterprise Edition allows you to restore MSSQL set of data or a particular setting from a very precise time in the past.
With full or bulk-logged recovery models you will be able to do PITR or use LSN information to restore to the exact state that you want to have. You can restore to exactly the required state of data base at a very specific point in time – even down to an exact second. From a Transaction log backup, a restore will compose the database state from a variety of chosen SQL Server backup types.
SQL Server Backup Encryption and Compression
With Bacula Enterprise Edition’s SQL Server backup compression capabilities you can enjoy the efficient SQL backup with compression and hence – with much less network bandwidth utilization. Bacula’s security technologies include EFS or TLS encryption which allows you to send MS SQL backups securely from file to storage daemon.
SQL Server Backup Automation
With Bacula Enterprise Edition’s scheduling capabilities and scripting features you’re able to implement SQL Server backup automation and reduce time to manage you SQL backups. Backup jobs for your SQL Server can be launched using scripting logic and scheduler.
Further help on SQL Server backup software and best practices:
- Interested in how Bacula Enterprise Edition’s backs SQL databases up? Look at the blog article “How to backup SQL database with Bacula Enterprise”.
- Intrested in backup capabilities for Windows-based systems? Take a look at our backup for Exchange and Windows server backup utility.
- Using other DBs in your infrastructure? Bacula Enterprise has solutions for Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL and SAP databases.
- Backup training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.
- Interested in complete control over your SQL database backup software? BWeb Management Suite helps to manage SQL backups easily.