The VMware vSphere® plugin is used to perform backups and especially fast data recovery of your VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere with Bacula Enterprise Edition 8. This also includes single file restore. The VMware plugin also provides virtual machine bare metal recovery.
This Bacula Enterprise Edition plugin also enables backup at guest level. The VMware plugin can work either over a SAN or via Network Block Device. The plugin integrates the VMware’s Changed Block Tracking (CBT) technology to ensure only blocks that have changed since the initial Full, and/or the last Incremental or Differential Backup are sent to the current Incremental or Differential backup stream to give you more efficient backups and reduced network load.
• VADP-based online backups
• Single File Restore
• VSS-based guest snapshots for quiescing VSS-based applications
• Full, Differential and Incremental image-level backups of virtual machines
• Restores complete virtual machine image
• Restores vmdk files to alternate directory
• Supports both TCP/IP and SAN (FC/ISCSI) VMware Datastore access
• vStorage API Data Protection
VMware Instant File-Level Recovery. So Quick. So Easy.
Bacula Enterprise Edition’s (version 8.4) new Single File Restore for VMware comes with industry-leading speed and convenience. Finding and restoring single files is now so fast and easy, you need to see it to believe it. From entire physical environments, to VMs, entire servers, applications, single files and folders or granular application objects, Bacula Enterprise Edition 8.4, together with the VMware plugin brings backup and data recovery to large data centers with industry leading cost efficiency.
Single File Restore for Virtual Machines becomes particularly useful when you need to restore from a backup copy of a virtual machine a critical data file that has become corrupted or lost for some reason. Want to avoid restoring an entire virtual machine? Frequently, recovery cases only require single files to be restored from a backup. In these cases, you can now save yourself a lot of effort and time – and just recover the individual files that you need.
Perform Single File Restore From a Huge Range of Systems
Bacula Enterprise Edition 8.4 can do File Level Restores (FLR) for any Virtual Machine running Guest OS’s and File Systems that VMware supports. Bacula’s Single File Restore for VMware is compatible with an impressive range of systems, including Linux, Windows, LVM support, ext3, ext4, and XFS, Windows FAT, NTFS, multidrive – and many more. Full, Differential and Incremental backup are all supported.
Enjoy Interface Flexibility
Single File Restore can be via either text interface, or BWeb Management Suite. So you get the opportunity to use customized scripts, or use an easy, informative GUI interface. Or mix and match as you require. See an example of one of the Single File Restore GUI’s here.
- Need to see all our plugins?
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive GUI management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers. Contact us for a demonstration.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.