Backup Oracle database with high performance. The industry leading Oracle backup software.
The Bacula Enterprise Oracle database backup and recovery tools are designed to enable easy and simple backup and recovery of data and configurations stored in Oracle database servers of 10 and 11g. The Oracle backup tools provide high-end capabilities for configuration, administration and operation, such as being able to easily restore your Oracle database to any point in time, or to filter out objects during Oracle database backup and recovery operations. Backup Oracle database and enjoy enterprise performance and granularity. Oracle database backup also offers a mechanism for protection, preservation and transfer of data, which together constitute variables of vital importance for the protection of information in organizations.
Key benefits in Oracle database backup tools
- When using RMAN mode, the tool provides incremental and differential backup of the Oracle database at the block level. A bit-by-bit copy of the objects is made in this mode.
- RMAN’s change tracking feature for incremental Oracle backup dramatically improves Oracle database backup performance by recording changed blocks in each data file in a change tracking file.
- Time saving. Oracle database backup administrators don’t need to learn about the inner details of Oracle database techniques or backup Oracle database using complex scripts.
- RMAN allows that files can be written out in concurrent manner instead of sequential mode during Oracle backup
This Oracle database backup and recovery tool is also designed to backup Oracle database, especially essential bits of configuration information such as parameters, datafiles and control files, server parameters, redo logs archives,etc. according to best practices. Additionally, Oracle backup allows automatic restores from the database catalog.
The Oracle database backup tools are compatible with Oracle backup database versions 10g and 11g.
Oracle backup software key benefits
- If the natural interface to the data is files, then it is generally wise to avoid image level Oracle backup. Bacula Enterprise Edition’s technology instead provides granular restore, up to an individual transaction. Backup Oracle database and restore it with high granularity and save valuable time.
- Regarding virtual environments, Bacula Enterprise Edition’s technology is not dependent on any specific hypervisor. You can backup Oracle databases in Hyper V, VMware, KVM and other environments. Using Bacula’s Oracle secure database backup you can take advantage of the functionality offered in the different hypervisor environments.
- Bacula’s technology is one that Oracle admins know and understand, i.e. RMAN and its configuration. Bacula Enterprise provides a lot of additional flexibility by combining RMAN Oracle backup and recovery procedures with Bacula as a storage back-end.
- Bacula Enterprise allows you to backup Oracle database online and offline, as well as its recovery in a fast and efficient way.
- Although RMAN allows to define and configure the encryption and compression of backups for backup sets, these functionalities can be expanded using advanced Oracle secure backup tools provided by Bacula for encryption and compression of the data.
- Bacula allows administrators to have more resources for the management of Oracle RMAN backup sets through the use of storage devices in the cloud, such as Amazon S3 and Azure, which not only extend the operation, but also allow environments to be configured more secure, manageable and highly available. This delivers Oracle secure backup to cloud.
- Oracle database backup and recovery is encrypted with standard Bacula Enterprise mechanisms (SSL, TLS or EFS). Delivering secure Oracle backup Bacula Enterprise also allows data compression before sending to storage in order to save network bandwidth.
The Bacula Enterprise Oracle database backup tool allows you to choose from a wide variety of different backup options. Popular functionalities such as being able to restore your Oracle database to any point in time, or being able to filter objects during Oracle database backup or restore will probably guide which techniques and options you decide use. Many users combine Dump and RMAN PITR techniques for the same cluster.
RMAN also allows you to use advanced Oracle database backup techniques where you can send the data over the Bacula Enterprise SBT interface to tape for example, and at the same time, on disk for fast Oracle backup and recovery.
|Feature||Dump||Oracle Backup RMAN||Oracle Backup RMAN SBT|
|Can directly restore a single object (table, schema, etc.)||Yes||No||No|
|Can directly restore a singlefile (index, db, tbs, etc.)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Oracle Database Backup Speed||Low||High||High|
|Oracle Database Restore Speed||Low||High||High*|
|Oracle Database Backup Size||Small||Big||Big|
|Size on local disk during backup||Nil||Entire backup||Nil|
|Size on local disk during restore||Nil||Entire restore||Objects needed|
|Can restore Oracle Database to any point in time||No||Yes||Yes|
|Oracle Incremental/Differential Backup Support||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can restore in parallel||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Online Oracle Backup||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Consistent Oracle DB Backup||Yes||Yes||Yes|
* When using RMAN SBT interface, the restore speed depends on various elements such as the type of media (tape or disk), the network speed, the availability of the storage daemon device, etc. In Bacula Enterprise Edition, the storage daemon device is able to use the same disk volume for multiple concurrent restores, so it is possible to use concurrent jobs for Oracle database backup and recovery.
Further help on Oracle backup:
- Take a look at our SAP backup capabilities. The best of SAP, Oracle and Bacula Enterprise.
- Running Oracle in virtual infrastructure? Take a look at our Hyper V, VMware and other virtual machine backup solutions.
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities? See the full feature list.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive GUI management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers. Contact us for a demonstration.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.