Database backup software solutions made securely and easily with Bacula Enterprise. Database backup and restore tools and strategy.
It is crucial to backup a database correctly in an IT infrastructure and meeting backup policy needs is often critical. With its database management system (DBMS) tools, Bacula Systems brings industry-leading technology that sets the standard for enterprise-grade database backup software solutions far beyond its competitors. Bacula Enterprise Edition enables all businesses to take advantage of its especially powerful database backup tools. System administrators looking for a robust, high-end enterprise database backup software should start here. And where ease and speed is required, these database backup tools also provide the answer for those system administrators working to tight deadlines.
- Your database backup strategy with Bacula Enterprise can be extremely flexible. Database backups can be scheduled with special mechanism. It is also possible to execute batch and SQL scripts before and after database backup jobs actually start or end.
- Our database backup software is media- and storage-agnostic. You can backup databases to any location: local or network folders, NAS or SAN devices or any cloud provider.
- Compression, encryption and deduplication technologies used in your database backup strategy can help you save storage capacity, lower network bandwidth and decrease time for database backup execution. Full, incremental and transactional log backups support ensure the best use of our database backup software.
- Our database backup tools support both hot and cold backup modes which allow you to perform backups with no service interruption and ensure data consistency while doing database backups.
No speciﬁc knowledge is required while taking care of data and metadata, such as users, rights, roles, etc. At the same time, comprehensive and advanced customization options are immediately available to the user, providing the needed ﬂexibility for the most demanding professional environments.
Bacula Systems oﬀers many different backup tools so that you can backup databases exactly the way you need to. Below are just a few examples of these technologies.
PostgreSQL database backup tools
The PostgreSQL database backup tools are designed to simplify the database backup procedures of your PostgreSQL cluster(s); the backup administrator does not need to know the internals of PostgreSQL database backup strategies or write complex scripts.
The database backup tools automatically take care of backing up essential information such as conﬁguration, user definitions and table spaces.
The PostgreSQL database backup tools support both “Dump” and Point In Time Recovery (PITR) database backup strategies. Using Bacula Systems’ unique Late Data Inclusion (LDI) technology, this tool eﬀectively captures data up to the point of ﬁnishing the backup, therefore minimizing the risk of data loss. This is an industry-leading advantage over other vendors’ database backup solutions.
MySQL database backup software
The MySQL database backup software is designed to simplify the backup of your MySQL server(s); the backup administrator does not need to know the internals of MySQL database backup strategies or how to write complex scripts. The database backup software is highly conﬁgurable and will automatically backup essential information such as conﬁguration and user definitions. The MySQL database backup software supports both “Dump” and “Binary” backup strategies.
The Bacula Systems MySQL database backup software enables the administrator to choose between Dump or Binary for faster and larger backups. The MySQL tool takes care of the MySQL log ﬁles when using the Point In Time Recovery (PITR) feature.
MS SQL database backup solutions
The Bacula Enterprise tool for MS SQL Server is an advanced database backup solution for one or multiple MS SQL databases with industry leading features:
- Full database backup which saves the database’s ﬁles and the transaction log ﬁles to provide a complete solution against media failure
- Diﬀerential backups to capture only the data that has changed since the last Full. Bacula Enterprise Plugin for MS SQL
- Server includes integrated feature to upgrade a Diﬀerential backup into a Full if required
- Incremental backups via the Transaction Log backup. When conﬁgured with the appropriate model, this method enable a “Point In Time Recovery” mode
- Master Database backup for MS SQL conﬁguration backup.
The Bacula Enterprise tool for MS SQL Server is able to restore data in several ways including “Point In Time Recovery” mode. The database backup and restore process then allows the following scenarios:
- Restore database backup ﬁles to disk
- Restore original database backup
- Restore database backup with a new name
- Restore database backup with a new name and ﬁle relocation
Oracle Database backup solutions
The Oracle database backup solutions are designed to simplify the backup procedures of your Oracle database instance(s). Oracle database administrators can take advantage of the option to use RMAN commands in order to make backing up Oracle databases even easier and more convenient.
Besides ease and speed, the Oracle database backup solutions provide important features including restoring your database(s) to any point in time or being able to ﬁlter objects during backup or restore; all of them being available using two different database backup strategies: “Dump” and Point In Time Recovery (PITR) through its tight integration with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
SAP HANA database backup strategy
Bacula Enterprise Edition’s is now integrated with SAP HANA. This integration allows SAP HANA users to enhance SAP HANA database backup software and manage data in a more sophisticated manner.
Features of SAP HANA database backup solutions and tools from Bacula Systems include backup, recovery, migration, clone & replication of databases without being penalized for increased data volume.
Further help on database backup and restore:
- Looking for server backup? Take a look at out server backup software.
- Does Bacula support your storage type? Take a look at out storage backup solution.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive backup and recovery management software for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Doing backup to tape media? Take a look at our tape backup systems.