Active Directory backup with Bacula Enterprise. The fast and easy way to backup LDAP and OpenLDAP at object level
Whatever LDAP server your company chooses, Bacula Enterprise Directory Server tool will backup Active Directory easily and efficiently as well as restore quickly. The Bacula Enterprise Edition Catalog will handle object size and modification and, as a Bacula Administrator, you will be allowed to restore objects at the finest granularity.
Bacula Enterprises’ unique capabilities with Active Directory mean you can bring backed up data into play with Bacula’s wider range of features, presenting you with a huge choice of flexibility, customization and advanced enterprise-level options. Bacula Enterprise Edition is one of the most powerful and scalable backup and recovery solutions in the world.
LDAP backup and restore
Imagine this – you just need one single LDAP object to restore from backup. With Bacula Enterprise Edition’s Directory Server technology, this becomes reality. This backup of LDAP allows you to restore any backed up object. Even more, you can relocate objects or decide to restore them with some constraints: always, never, if the object is newer or older!
Backup Active Directory
Microsoft standards can be very specific and the Microsoft Active Directory Server backup is no exception. For instance, MSAD queries are different compared to the standard LDAP ones, and the code is specific as well. However, Bacula Enterprise Edition offers unique technologies to handle each environment. Now it is not necessary to manage specific fields and directory server structures and instead rely on Bacula Enterprise Directory Server backup.
With this feature you are now ready to backup MSAD on Windows 2007, 2008 and higher versions, connecting it through the standard LDAP network protocol.
How Active Directory backup works
Simply set up the right configuration parameters such as LDAP URI, the base distinguish name (base DN), the backup LDAP user and password, and you are ready to go.
LDAP Backup — Key Benefits
• Supports full, differential and incremental LDAP backup
• Accurate mode support
• Object size and modification time handled by Bacula Catalog
• LDIF – like internal archive format
• Object relocation during re-store
• Supports several replace options: always, never, ifnewer, ifolder
• Connects to the LDAP server using LDAP network protocol
• Backup OpenLDAP and MSAD (both server support)
Further help to successfully backup LDAP and OpenLDAP:
- Need to see all our backup tools? Take a look at the most frequent virtual machine backup solutions and database backup solutions.
- Need more Windows-related backup solutions? Take a look at our Windows bare metal restore and Windows server backup software.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive GUI management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.