Bacula Systems is a very special place to work. It is growing rapidly and provides an extremely dynamic work environment, with a company full of diverse and enthusiastic individuals.
Positions currently open:
More details are below. If you are interested to work with us, please send your resume and a short introduction paragraph to email@example.com
Windows Developer (C/C++/VSS API) (Home Office)
… A chance to achieve something unique and special in a rapidly growing company.
Position Description: Senior Programmer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Work time: Full time
Location: Home Office, based in Europe.
Date: 1 July 2017
Bacula Systems is the leading Enterprise Network backup and restore software company, combining Bacula’s enterprise-class open standards software with first-class support and professional services. As a result of our rapid international growth, we are seeking to add a Windows System Programmer to our talented technical team.
This position would appeal to an excellent Windows System Programmer who has programming skills in C, C++, Powershell scripts, and VSS and who wishes to expand his or her career opportunities and job satisfaction by joining a fast growing, high technology company where technical prowess and contribution are recognized and highly valued. We have a culture of mutual respect among all employees. Training and help will be provided to you by our team, to help you get up to speed.
The successful candidate will carry several important responsibilities within Bacula Systems. He/she will be integrated to the R&D team and will lead the development of advanced features on Windows systems, SQL Server, Exchange, HyperV and Sharepoint including single file restore and other developments.
You will be joining the company at a very exciting time in its evolution. We have grown steadily and consistently over the last several years and today over 90% of our business is with customers outside our home market in Switzerland. Our Customers implement our products on medium to very large scale production deployments. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting position in a fast growing company that values technical prowess now is the time to join Bacula Systems!
- To strengthen the Bacula development team with Windows expertise and lead the Windows development activities.
- To develop Bacula features for Windows Operating Systems.
- To develop and run regression and other tests for Bacula software.
- Other tasks as assigned by the technical department.
- At least 3 years experience system programming with C and C++ on Windows (ODBC, Kernel Drivers, Memory Management, COM, …).
- Windows systems administrator, and software development skills.
- Must be comfortable with Open Source tools.
- Linux system administrator skills with shell, perl…
- Linux/Unix development experience desirable.
- Experience with Exchange, SQL Server, Sharepoint, Windows system applications.
- Experience with backup/restore desirable.
- Experience with Oracle (rman) and SAP desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written and capable of dealing with a variety of people
- Mature and self-motivated – able to work from a home-office in a virtual team.
- Must speak and write English.
More than years of experience or formal qualifications, we are searching for a talented individual who enjoys challenges and thinks in a pro-active way. Personal development is important at Bacula Systems and this position could lead to further career development in either customer-facing or technical role.. If you feel that this sounds like you, please send us your CV and a cover letter!