Bacula Systems is a very special place to work. It is growing rapidly and provides an extremely dynamic work environment, with a company full of diverse and enthusiastic individuals.
Positions currently open:
More details are below. If you are interested to work with us, please send your resume and a short introduction paragraph to firstname.lastname@example.org
Windows Developer (C/C++/VSS API) (Home Office)
… A chance to achieve something unique and special in a rapidly growing company.
Position Description: Senior Programmer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Work time: Full time
Location: Home Office, based in Europe.
Date: 1 July 2017
Bacula Systems is the leading Enterprise Network backup and restore software company, combining Bacula’s enterprise-class open standards software with first-class support and professional services. As a result of our rapid international growth, we are seeking to add a Windows System Programmer to our talented technical team.
This position would appeal to an excellent Windows System Programmer who has programming skills in C, C++, Powershell scripts, and VSS and who wishes to expand his or her career opportunities and job satisfaction by joining a fast growing, high technology company where technical prowess and contribution are recognized and highly valued. We have a culture of mutual respect among all employees. Training and help will be provided to you by our team, to help you get up to speed.
The successful candidate will carry several important responsibilities within Bacula Systems. He/she will be integrated to the R&D team and will lead the development of advanced features on Windows systems, SQL Server, Exchange, HyperV and Sharepoint including single file restore and other developments.
You will be joining the company at a very exciting time in its evolution. We have grown steadily and consistently over the last several years and today over 90% of our business is with customers outside our home market in Switzerland. Our Customers implement our products on medium to very large scale production deployments. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting position in a fast growing company that values technical prowess now is the time to join Bacula Systems!
- To strengthen the Bacula development team with Windows expertise and lead the Windows development activities.
- To develop Bacula features for Windows Operating Systems.
- To develop and run regression and other tests for Bacula software.
- Other tasks as assigned by the technical department.
- At least 3 years experience system programming with C and C++ on Windows (ODBC, Kernel Drivers, Memory Management, COM, …).
- Windows systems administrator, and software development skills.
- Must be comfortable with Open Source tools.
- Linux system administrator skills with shell, perl…
- Linux/Unix development experience desirable.
- Experience with Exchange, SQL Server, Sharepoint, Windows system applications.
- Experience with backup/restore desirable.
- Experience with Oracle (rman) and SAP desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written and capable of dealing with a variety of people
- Mature and self-motivated – able to work from a home-office in a virtual team.
- Must speak and write English.
More than years of experience or formal qualifications, we are searching for a talented individual who enjoys challenges and thinks in a pro-active way. Personal development is important at Bacula Systems and this position could lead to further career development in either customer-facing or technical role.. If you feel that this sounds like you, please send us your CV and a cover letter!
Download PDF position description
Territory Manager for Canada
Territory Manager Canada
Sales & Marketing
VP Sales & Marketing, WW
19 November 2018
Bacula Systems is the leading Enterprise Network Backup & Restore software company, combining Bacula’s enterprise-class open standards software with first-class support and professional services. As a result of our rapid international growth, we are seeking to add a Territory Manager for Canada to our talented sales team.
The Territory Manager for Canada must be a sales professional with demonstrated capabilities to create, develop and lead sales opportunities in the defined territory. The individual has at least 5 years experience in sales of enterprise software and services (both direct to large enterprise customers and via channel partners) as well as strategic thinking, planning and business development skills. He must also have strong personal initiative, be willing and able to work in a very dynamic, virtual start-up organisation and be able to make tangible contributions towards achieving the company’s overall business objectives.
- Target – Meet assigned sales targets (Renewal & New Business)
- Territory Management: Canada
- Direct Sales – Sell direct to large enterprise customers and Managed Services Providers throughout the region and identify new sales opportunities to fill the pipeline
- Resellers – Identify, recruit, up-skill and manage Bacula Systems Resellers throughout the region, resolve channel conflicts as required
- Methods – Implement sales methods, concepts, tools and techniques to expand opportunities list and close new deals
- Tools – Utilise and improve Bacula Systems sales support tools, including CRM and reporting templates to provide up-to-date monthly forecasts and pipeline information on a timely basis
- Expenses – Control budget allocation within company guidelines
- Technical – Coordinate with technical staff as required to ensure customers and prospects receive information required to make buying decisions and to validate support capabilities offered to customers before submitting final proposals
- Statistics – Analyse sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPIs) to manage on-going performance
- Contracts – Negotiate contracts with the support of appropriate Bacula Systems technical and executive staff
- Good understanding of the IT marketplace and preferably a good understanding of the backup and restore segment
- Travel to and from prospects and customers as required to build and maintain new and on-going business relationships
- Spend sufficient time with Bacula Systems staff members to build and enhance relationships, as well as maintain on-going communications as required – including attendance of company meetings (sometimes held during weekends) from time to time
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 5 years successful professional sales and channel sales experience
- English and French (Canada) mandatory
- Must be an absolute team player
- Preferably based in Quebec Province
- Strategic Sales & Business Development in the IT industry
- Negotiation Skills, Sales Budgeting/Forecasting, Financial & Market Analysis
- Setting Sales Targets, Driving Growth
- Market Research, Competitor Analysis
- Knowledge of Open Source business environment and Backup & Restore market segment a plus