Open Source Enterprise Linux Server Backup Software. Backup Linux Server Files and Restore Partitions or Directories in Seconds with Bacula Systems.
Bacula Enterprise Edition was built from the ground up for modern Linux server backup. From its early beginning Linux has been the fundamental operating system for the usage and development of Bacula due to the features and benefits it offers. Our highly scalable, enterprise-grade Linux backup solution is the easy and powerful way to backup Linux server, directories & files and restore data in seconds. Compared to other Linux backup and recovery solutions, Bacula Enterprise Edition is one of the most flexible, scriptable, secure, modular and technology-compatible Linux backup tool available in the market. That includes Linux server backup use in physical, virtual and cloud environments using S3, Azure and other public and private clouds.
Bacula Systems’ Linux backup software capabilities are delivered by Bacula Enterprise Edition and a large number of advanced Linux backup tools which are available to precisely protect huge volumes of Linux-based data at a low cost. This is because Bacula has no data volume charges.
Bacula has a small footprint, while being highly configurable at the same time. In fact, Bacula Enterprise Edition is one of the most configurable Linux backup server solutions in the world. Why? So you have the power to do Linux backups and restore files, directories or folders exactly the way you want to. Just see what our customers such as NASA, Sky, Swisscom and Tricore Solutions say about Bacula Systems!
Using Bacula Enterprise Edition as your advanced Linux backup system allows you to:
- Deploy quickly and backup Linux servers, files and folders easily, with the enterprise product working “out-of-the-box”
- Execute Linux server backup and restore easily using either command line, and/or the modern BWeb Management Suite™ GUI in several clicks. In case of using the console it has all the features for Linux backup and restore commands and can be installed on a specific computer in the organization only for the administration activity. With the web console the access to Linux backup and restore commands is granted from anywhere with authorization through the browser
- Backup Linux server and restore single files, folders or the whole Linux system in seconds with several clicks or a few commands
- Backup partition of the Linux disks which allows to have a precise image which is easy to manage and recover in several simple steps
- Save time during the backup of Linux servers by using Linux system snapshot backup technology without the service interruption
- Exploit Bacula’s Linux incremental and Virtual Full™ backup capabilities, together with its other many choices of Linux server backup levels (full, differential, incremental, virtual full)
- Save storage and network bandwidth for quick backup of Linux-based systems by using Global Endpoint Deduplication™
- Perform Linux cloud backup, e.g backup Linux to S3 and Azure using S3 and Azure Linux backup tools
Bacula Enterprise tools support the vast majority of Linux distributions, including the most popular:
- Debian, Ubuntu, Mint
- Red Hat, Oracle, CentOS, Fedora
- SLES, openSUSE
- And many others.
Bacula Enterprise Editions’ open source roots mean it is the natural choice for Linux system backup and restore. It is developed on Linux and as such, delivers exceptionally high performance and stability. For example, the speed and ease of use it brings in backing up databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL are the most advanced in the industry. A powerful Linux backup tool portfolio further broadens the usage of Bacula Systems’ as Linux best backup software:
Perform safe and reliable Linux disaster recovery in just seconds in the event of general failures of the hardware and storage systems from a previously generated Linux system image.
Dump and binary mode backups for your MySQL database on Linux which guarantee the integrity and consistency of the stored information either in standalone mode or in cluster mode.
Backup Linux system with PostgreSQL cluster seamlessly.
The Linux best backup tool that saves space on Linux system files that have few modifications between backups decreasing execution times, as well as saving disk space due to the fact that the amount of data to be backed up is lower.
Manage Linux server backup and restore in one click and monitor Linux backup server statistics with this powerful browser-based user friendly and intuitive GUI.
Backing up your virtual machines has never been easier for VMware, KVM, XEN, Proxmox and Hyper-V. Witness some of the quickest and easiest data recovery you have ever seen in enterprise Linux backup tool. This industry-leading speed and convenience also comes with Single File Restore capability, including tools to rapidly locate files.
Execute Linux tape backup with our industry-leading tape backup capabilities. Our tape backup is enterprise-level and agnostic to many tape drives, autochangers and autoloaders. The architecture also supports VTL.
Linux automated backup and restore is also available while using Bacula Enterprise Edition and its Linux backup tools. With our scheduler, scripting and automatic task maintenance Linux auto backup will never be a problem.
Don’t forget about Bacula’s native S3 cloud integration which will be useful for Linux server backup. This powerful capability to backup Linux server to the S3 cloud delivers never-seen-before levels of control when interacting with the cloud, and includes Bacula’s exclusive Minimal Restore Cost (MRC) functionality. This means that the user restores less data from the S3 cloud. As a result, Linux cloud backup costs are vastly reduced compared to other backup and restore vendors.
Linux file backup in Bacula is very easy and flexible. Bacula will always work with complete files while backing up Linux servers including permission, owner and group attributes. This Linux backup utility will check whether the file has changed or not and, if true, will send the changed file to storage daemon. Using Bacula’s powerful Linux file backup utility that include Global Endpoint Deduplication you’ll be able to save network bandwidth because you won’t send identical files if you don’t want to backup them again. Bacula’s Delta tool will be useful when backing up big Linux files and folders with small changes.
Linux incremental backup is supported in Bacula Enterprise. Using Progressive Virtual Full technology users can syndicate Linux incremental backups into the new Linux full backup. This sophisticated capability save storage space and backup time dramatically while improving your Linux system backup efficiency.
With Bacula Enterprise Edition you get the guarantee that the backups of the Linux servers are carried out efficiently and completely complying with all the requirements that you have and adapting to the new ones that are generated, offering security, consistency, integrity and availability of the information.
Further help on Bacula’s Linux backup solution:
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities? See the full enterprise backup feature list.
- Want to see our full range of backup tools except Linux? Learn more about the server backup solutions and tape backup software with Bacula Enterprise.
- Learn more about the Oracle, SAP, VMware and Hyper-V backup.
- Backup training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.