Bare metal recovery and backup for Windows Server and Linux. Quick data backup and bare metal restore when it really counts.
What is a bare metal recovery and backup? It’s a method of data recovery for the computers or servers after disaster situation when the recovered machine doesn’t have any pre-installed operating system.
Bare metal recovery software is one of the many capabilities Bacula Systems offers to make sure you never lose your data. The Bacula Systems bare metal backup and recovery tool is available for both Linux and Windows Server, and enables your systems teams to perform safe, reliable disaster recovery using Bacula Enterprise Edition. With bare metal recovery you get your critical systems up and running quickly and safely in no time.
The bare metal restore software is available for Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2008R2, 2003 and for most flavors of Linux like Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Mint, Red Hat and SUSE. An exhaustive documentation covering best practices for bare metal recovery is also available in the package.
Key Benefits of Bacula Bare Metal Backup and Recovery Software:
- Backup operating systems and data without interruption or down time
- Get critical systems up and running within minutes
- Rebuild or restore the backed up system to an entirely separate piece of hardware
- Create an ISO to boot from (CD, USB key, etc, or stored image)
- User friendly graphical user interface (GUI) – with flexible options for various procedures
- Ability to clone machines
- Physical to virtual or virtual to physical restore
Specific to Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2008R2, 2003 Bare Metal Backup and Recovery:
- Supports (U)EFI system and secure boot
- Automatically adapt the last partition size to new disk size
- Can exclude partitions or data from the restore process
- Fully supports manual partitioning via a smart partition matching interface
- Support for dynamic disks
- Support for GPT table
- Can load extra drivers and configure the network from the GUI
- Logs can be accessed easily and directly sent to support
- Extra tools to customize the ISO (hardcode the Bacula parameters)
- Based on the 64 bit WinPE 4.0 (Windows 8.0 code base)
- Supports full, differential, incremental and base backups
The bare metal recovery tool is available for an additional cost and is fully supported via the Bacula Systems subscription (also including Bacula Enterprise Edition). Whether you already benefit from Bacula Enterprise Edition today, or are considering switching to Bacula Enterprise Edition, contact us for further details on how we can help you implement low cost disaster recovery during bare metal restore in your data center. Bare metal recovery and backup has never been so simple.
Further help on bare metal recovery and restore software:
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities except bare metal restore? See the full enterprise backup feature list.
- Want to see our full range of backup tools? Learn more about the server backup solution and file & folder backup with Bacula Enterprise.
- Want to perform backups quicker? Learn more about our deduplication capabilities and incremental backup software.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive backup and recovery management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.
- Backup training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.