Find an extensive list of Bacula Enterprise Features Here. For Bacula Enterprise software and support to maximize your experience with AWS Storage Gateway, please contact us. Bacula Systems will respond quickly.
Additional background document: Object storage with Bacula Enterprise
Further options for AWS: Native cloud integration. Enterprise backup for Amazon S3 with Bacula Systems’ dedicated Amazon S3 Module.
To use the Bacula Enterprise Amazon S3 module, please contact us.
When it comes to cloud-based backup and recovery, you expect Bacula Enterprise Edition to provide all the flexibility, compatibility and manageability you need. Bacula Enterprise does exactly that – and also delivers native integration with public and private clouds via the Amazon S3 interface, with transparent support for S3-IA. S3 backup is available for Linux, Windows and other platforms. Bacula delivers natively integrated Amazon S3 backup software for the enterprise. But there’s something else your company needs to know about Amazon S3 backup with Bacula Enterprise: the ability to bring significant cloud cost reduction for AWS backup solutions.
Minimal restore cost. Recover only exactly what you need from your cloud backups.
- Bacula Enterprise features cloud integration with an exclusive Minimal Restore Cost (MRC) functionality. This means that the user restores less data from the Cloud.
- As a result, cloud costs are vastly reduced compared to other cloud backup solutions vendors.
- Bacula’s MRC functionality, together with its full set of AWS backup solutions, means that cloud costs are much more easy to predict.
- Restore data from Amazon S3 backup using either command line or BWeb (GUI) interfaces.
- Bacula Enterprise includes the ability to manage network bandwidth when transferring backup data into Amazon S3 cloud. This ensures that your backup to cloud does not monopolize your network.
- Concurrent asynchronous upload and download of backup data from Amazon S3
- Multiple bucket support in a single storage daemon.
- With the means to configure each bucket to suit the user’s personal needs, Bacula Enterprise pushes the boundaries of customization and flexibility far beyond its competitors.
Read the datasheet to find out more on how this Amazon S3 backup capability, combined with special cloud management tools, provides data center managers with the most integrated cloud-connecting backup software for their entire physical and virtual environments regardless of architecture – all from a single platform.
Disaster recovery can now also be delivered in a cloud-computing model so recovery resources are only paid for when they are used, making it more efficient than a traditional recovery warm site or hot site where the recovery resources must be running at all times. AWS disaster recovery services can be also implemented with Bacula Enterprise functionality.
Some key Bacula features regarding AWS backup:
- Integrated enterprise backup for Amazon S3 with both public and private clouds with transparent support for S3-IA
- Granular control over data that needs to be restored from AWS and Azure cloud, significantly reducing operational exposure to cloud costs and boosting business agility
- A broad range of functionality throughout the entire Azure and AWS backup platform designed to integrate physical and virtual environments with public, private and hybrid cloud data transfers, allowing more predictable costs
- Faster backup and restores to and from Azure and Amazon S3 cloud, at the lowest cost
Further help on enterprise backup to Amazon S3:
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities except S3 backup? See the full feature list.
- BWeb™ Management Suite is a comprehensive GUI management suite for AWS backup that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis.
- Learn more about incremental and differential backups to justify your AWS backup strategy.
- Training is available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.