Backup KVM virtual machines easily and restore them at a file level with Bacula Enterprise Edition.
This specific KVM VM backup technology uses the libvirt virtual machine management interface, and provides the following main features:
- Allows backups of KVM guest VM’s without installing software on the individual clients.
- KVM backup and recovery at file level. Avoid backing up or restoring unwanted data by taking advantage of Bacula Enterprise Edition’s high level of granularity.
- Automatic virtual machine discovery. Bacula Entrprise Edition’s auto-detection capabilities mean that after initial configuration there is no need to define which VM(s) to backup after changes to data occur. Simple.
- Full and Differential backups of KVM guest VMs.
- Incremental KVM backup.
- Ability to include/exclude specific files and directories in VM backup jobs.
- Backup of KVM virtual machines in a running, paused or shut off state.
- Several types of disk images are supported by libvirt/libguestfs (LWM, RAW or QCOW2).
Bacula’s backup KVM technology can be used when the hypervisor uses local storage for virtual machine disks, and libvirtd for virtual machine management.
Bacula Enterprise Edition’s KVM backup solution is easy to automate. Scheduling KVM VM backups and scripting before/after jobs are both available in Bacula Enterprise Edition.
The KVM backup software from Bacula Systems allows deduplication using our patented Global Endpoint Deduplication engine and comm-line compression. Both of these technologies allow you to save storage space and utilize less network bandwidth.
Further help on KVM backup:
- Need to see all our backup tools, especially VM backup solutions?
- How do you backup databases? Take a look at our database backup strategies.
- Don’t know about Bacula Enterprise Edition’s capabilities? See the full description.
- BWeb™ Management Suiteis a comprehensive GUI management suite for Bacula Enterprise Edition that provides the data reports, core metrics and analysis that system administrators need to provide to managers.