This no-nonsense whitepaper gets straight to the point, and gives an insight into the considerations and processes required to implement a backup strategy of VMware using vSphere. The paper also ensures you understand precisely how to do Single File Recovery from backups.
- Usage of VMware CBT (Changed Block Tracking) to save storage and network load
- Online backups that are VADP-based
- Quiescing VSS-based applications with VSS-based guest snapshots
- Virtual machine backups at image-level backups via Full, Differential and Incremental
- Restore of complete virtual machine image
- Support for SAN (FC/ISCSI) and TCP/IP VMware Datastore access