The PostgreSQL DB backup plugin is designed to simplify and speed up the automatic PostgreSQL backup and data recovery procedure of your PostgreSQL database.
This PostgreSQL backup tool makes the process as fast and simple as the PostgreSQL backup administrator doesn’t need to learn about internals of PostgreSQL DB backup and restore techniques or write complex scripts. The PostgreSQL backup database plugin will automatically take care for you in backing up essential information such as configuration, users definition or tables. The PostgreSQL plugin supports both dump and Point In Time Recovery (PITR) backup and restore techniques.
- The PostgreSQL plugin supports both dump and Point In Time Recovery (PITR) backup techniques
- In Point In Time Recovery (PITR) mode, the PostgreSQL backup plugin supports both incremental and differential PostgreSQL database backup
- The PostgreSQL plugin runs the auto backup of PostgreSQL essential information such as configuration, users definition or tablespaces
The PostgreSQL backup plugin packages are available for all Linux platforms 32/64 bits:
- Redhat 5/6
- Ubuntu LTS
- Debian Squeeze
- Suse 11
The PostgreSQL backup plugin runs with Bacula Enterprise Edition versions 6.0.6 and higher. This plugin supports backup PostgreSQL database of 8.x, 9.0.x and 9.1.x..
- Bacula Enterprise supports many operating systems. See our most often Windows server backup and Linux backup.
- Need virtual machine backup for all hypervisors in your infrastructure? Take a look at our virtual machine backup.
- Backup training programs are available in different locations, depending on the Certified Bacula Systems Training Center you choose.
- Using different databases? Take a look at our database backup solutions, incl. MySQL, Oracle, SAP Hana and others.
- Bacula Enterprise Edition works for physical, virtual server and cloud backup IT infrastructures.