To handle our rapid growth, we are looking for a Support and Pre-Sales Engineer to provide technical support to our customers and to the sales force. Bacula Systems is the leading provider of Enterprise Open Source backup solutions and you will be joining the company at a very exciting time in its evolution. Our customers implement our products on medium to very large scale production deployments. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting position with good growth oppportunities now is a good time to join Bacula Systems!
Major responsibilities / accountabilities:
The Support/Pre-Sales Engineer focuses primarly on providing our customers with excellent technical support. On a daily basis you will be interacting with our customers, peers in Support and Development to identify and troubleshoot issues, then to provide the most relevant responses to our customers and partners. In pre-sales activities you will assist the Sales team to win new subscription business. You will assess customers’ requirements and support Sales during pre-sales activities.
• Take ownership and full responsibility until complete resolution of customer’s tickets related to Bacula Enterprise products via phone and our web portal.
• Triage incoming support issues in a timely manner and ensure that they are handled appropriately.
• Help improve and optimize our internal processes.
• Ensure that customers are instructed on how to maximize their subscription.
• Implement “proactive support” program with regular outreach to customers.
• Write and maintain technical documentation, white papers and other Knowledge Base contributions.
· Support sales team and channel on proposals and solutions to customers.
· Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education to customers and channel.
· Understand customer problems, in the customer’s vocabulary.
· Making technical presentations and demonstrations, showing how a solution meets customer needs.
· Present competitive arguments.
· Specifying and project managing delivery of consulting services, e.g. Proof of Concept, installation and configuration; optimization; and migration.
· On-site and remote paid consulting services for customers.
· Must have excellent Linux systems administrator skills (some Windows systems administration skills are also necessary).
· Must speak and write fluent English (any additional European language advantageous).
· Must reside in EU/EEA, preferably in Switzerland.
· Bachelors Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
· Preferably skills in PostgreSQL optimization and performance tuning.
· At least 3 years of working experience in Support or Pre-Sales of a software system or solution.
· Must be flexible on worktime. While based from Yverdon this position offers the opportunity to work substantially from home, with a commitment to travel to the headquarter in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland and to customer’s site. Must be able to travel up to 20-40% of the time.
· Desirable skills in storage solution, backup and recovery, high availability concepts and virtualization.
Core competencies / skills:
· Excellent communication and presentation skills: written and oral, small groups.
· Strong ability to be self-organized and to work in a virtual team environment.
· Proven ability to provide the highest quality of customer services.
· Excellent proven-solving skills.
· Eager to learn new technologies.
· Ability to architect storage and server infrastructure solutions.
· Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions.
· Customer centric, consultative selling orientation: presenting solutions focused on customer needs and problems and explaining how our products and services deliver customer benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org